VP of Sales
Founded in 1991, Silicon Microstructures, Inc. (SMI) is a world leader in the design and manufacture of Micro Electro-Mechanical Systems (“MEMS”) that lie at the heart of the advanced sensing market, enabling devices in the medical, industrial, digital consumer, security, and automotive sectors.
The company has established itself as a premier provider of MEMS-based pressure sensors for a range of markets, supplying advanced high and low-pressure sensor products that meet the stringent requirements for industry and consumer safety. Silicon Microstructures’ design, production and quality control processes have enabled it to develop both the smallest and smartest pressure sensors available today. SMI offers a wide range of pressure sensors, including uncompensated sensors, temperature compensated and calibrated products as well as sensor systems consisting of an ASIC paired with a sensor die in a custom package.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
A member of the company’s executive staff, this role requires leadership and coordination of all company sales functions. Develop and implement global sales strategy, provide revenue and business forecasts, develop and manage sales channels.
- Direct and coordinate company sales worldwide.
- Hire and develop sales staff.
- Define and oversee incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting.
- Work closely with CEO to define go to market strategy and with PMO for product roadmaps.
- Be a role model for the company culture and values.
- Develop and coordinate sales selling cycle and methodology.
- Manage sales channels including direct sales, distribution, representatives, and online.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, lead generation, costs, close ratios, and target market penetration.
- Develop and manage sales budget, and oversee the development and management of internal operating budgets.
- Plan and coordinate public affairs, and communications efforts, to include public relations, trade shows, conferences, and community outreach.
- Directly manage major and critical developing client accounts, and coordinate the management of all other accounts.
- Participate in the development of new project proposals and input market information to product strategy formation.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Represent and promote the company at various community events and business meetings.
- Supervise the preparation, issuance, and delivery of sales materials, exhibits, and promotion programs.
- Promote positive relations with partners, parent company, vendors, and distributors.
- Recommend and administer policies and procedures to enhance operations.
- Work with department managers and corporate staff to develop five year strategic business plans for the company.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management. Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations. Experience in planning advertising campaigns and successful public relations efforts.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in semiconductor, MEMS, or sensor industry.
- This position requires the completion of a Masters Degree in Marketing and ten years of experience in a senior-level sales and/or marketing position. MBA is highly desirable.
Requires willingness to travel (>30%)
Silicon Microstructures is an established and growing MEMS Pressure Sensor company with its own fab in Silicon Valley. The company operates with the culture of an aggressive start-up while also enjoying the stability of an established and healthy business.
Sr. Director HR
Please send your resumes directly to: HR@si-micro.com