Regional Sales Director - Asia
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Sales Director (SD) reports to the Vice President of Sales and is responsible for achieving revenue and margin targets within the assigned territory as well as with specific customers. As a member of the sales team, the SD will support the other members of the sales team, participate in the development and implementation of sales strategies and engage constructively with the other functional areas of the organization, specifically R&D, Planning, Engineering, Quality, Finance and Production. The SD consistently demonstrates a pleasantly aggressive demeanor with an organized approach. Utilizing good judgment and effective communication skills, the SD exhibits diligent follow through and demonstrates willingness to take ownership and accountability for success or failure. The SD is an optimist with a positive attitude, is self-directed and takes initiative. He/she has strong business acumen that he/she blends effectively with his/her solid technical abilities to make sound decisions. As a seasoned technical sales professional, the SD always strives to expand his/her knowledge and find new possibilities and solutions to complex problems.
- Revenue and Margin Growth – Responsible for revenue and margin growth in assigned region (Asia).
- Relationship Building – Values strong professional relationships and networks effectively. Builds and maintains relationships at all levels within customer organizations.
- Business Development - Discovers, effectively qualifies and develops new business opportunities.
- Pipeline Management - Proactive and organized management of complex sales process and pipeline with tenacious and consistent follow up.
- Problem Solving - Creative, constructive and persevering approach to solving problems.
- Internal Selling – Understands the need and is proficient at communicating vision and value internally.
- Communication - Communicates complex ideas concisely. Exhibits poise in challenging situations and able to deliver bad news constructively. Articulates disagreement honestly and gracefully.
- Collaboration - Team player that seeks input from various sources, communicates vision and value, and develops a solution based on best of all inputs. Able to build consensus and support to a common goal.
- Presentation – Strong presentation skills. Able to communicate message compellingly and convincingly.
- Negotiation – Utilizes acute business acumen, logic, judgment and philosophy to negotiate solutions that support SMI’s strategic interests and bring value to its partners and customers.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops comprehensive strategic plans for region and for individual accounts. Contributes to the overall sales strategy development, implementation and execution.
- Forecasting – Provides regular sales and margin forecasts for the region. Presents ideas, strategies and plans for filling any gaps that may exist between forecasts and targets.
- Product Development - Supports product development plans with input of customer and market needs.
- Travel – up to 50% domestic and international travel required.
Education, Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (or business discipline with adequate technical experience).
- 10 years technical sales experience required, “bag carrying” with ownership of a quota.
- Chinese (Mandarin) language fluency (preferred). Additional Asian languages desirable.
- Experience selling pressure sensors is a plus.
- Organized and proven project management skills.
- Goal oriented, results focused and positive attitude.
- Flexibility in thought with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Knows how to assess needs of customers, and develop and propose effective solutions.
Experience selling to the following;
- Both R&D engineers and purchasing team
- Executive level decision makers
- Customers in Medical, Automotive and Industrial markets
- International customers in their local markets, primarily Asia and specifically China
- Both manufacturers and distributors
- Solid track record of winning new business, growing sales and margin in new and established territories.
- Comfortable and accomplished in navigating various Asian business cultures, especially in China.
A history of consistently exhibiting the following qualities;
- Taking ownership
- Strong Business Acumen
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
- Strong Presentation Skills
Silicon Microstructures is an established and growing MEMS Pressure Sensor company with its own fab in Silicon Valley. The company operates with the culture of an aggressive start-up while also enjoying the stability of an established and healthy business. The Sales Director opportunity is an important role in the sales organization and offers the right candidate the opportunity to make valuable contributions with outstanding earning potential. The selected candidate will work from an office in Shanghai.
Sr. Director HR
Please send your resumes directly to: HR@si-micro.com