MEMS Technology Manager
Founded in 1991, Silicon Microstructures, Inc. (SMI) is a world leader in the design and manufacture of Micro Electro-Mechanical Systems (“MEMS”) that lie at the heart of the advanced sensing market, enabling devices in the medical, industrial, digital consumer, security, and automotive sectors.
The company has established itself as a premier provider of MEMS-based pressure sensors for a range of markets, supplying advanced high and low-pressure sensor products that meet the stringent requirements for industry and consumer safety. Silicon Microstructures’ design, production and quality control processes have enabled it to develop both the smallest and smartest pressure sensors available today. SMI offers a wide range of pressure sensors, including uncompensated sensors, temperature compensated and calibrated products as well as sensor systems consisting of an ASIC paired with a sensor die in a custom package.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The MEMS Technology Manager drives the development of silicon Process Technology for next generation pressure sensors and other MEMS sensors at SMI. He/she will influence the strategic direction of the Process and Technology Roadmap together with the team.
- Leads the development of technologies and processes from concept through qualification
- Leads and Participates in Cross Functional Teams
- Guides the Program Management of projects in the group
- Participates in the Development of process flows
- Analyzes device physics and performs device process modeling
- Supports device and wafer layout creation
- Keeps abreast of current technologies and competitor products/developments
- Plans device qualifications according to automotive quality standards
- Supports trouble shooting of problems in applications and in manufacturing
- Guides and supports data analysis as part of Design Verifications and FMEA`s / Risk Analysis
- Applies the principle of Continuous improvement
- Champions the introduction of new process technology into the wafer fab
The MEMS Technology Manager also plays an active role in quality improvement in the framework of SMI’s TS16949 quality management system.
Education, Skills and Experience Required
- A Master`s degree or higher in MEMS or Electrical / Mechanical Engineering is required
- At least 10 years of experience in MEMS is required
- Semiconductor Device Physics knowledge is required
- Hands on experience with MEMS pressure sensors/ Semiconductor processing is required
- Process simulation experience is required
- Problem solving skills with a track record in industry is required
- Statistical data analysis skills and hands on experience is required
- Demonstrated Leadership skills and Management of teams to achieve results
- Experience leading and working in cross-functional teams is required
- Program Management experience related to time & cost is desired
Silicon Microstructures is an established and growing MEMS Pressure Sensor company with its own fab in Silicon Valley. The company operates with the culture of an aggressive start-up while also enjoying the stability of an established and healthy business.
Sr. Director HR
Please send your resumes directly to: HR@si-micro.com