Field Sales Engineer (FSE) – China
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Field Sales Engineer (FSE) – China reports to Regional Sales Director, ASIA and is responsible for pre-sales technical support in the region, increasing sales with customer and Distributors, working with customer engineering, R&D and design teams to ensure successful design-in of SMI pressure sensors into customer applications. From a market perspective, SMI is focused on specific target applications for its MEMS pressure sensors. The FSE should either be, or aspire to become, a subject matter expert on these applications. As a member of the sales organization, the FSE will also provide post-sales customer technical support in working with customers’ engineering staff to resolve issues. It is critical that the FSE is able to develop a strong level of trust with customers and knows how to add value in a customer support situation. The FSE is a highly motivated, enthusiastic and disciplined technical expert with a passion for field sales engineering and a true desire to help customers solve problem, make them successful, and increase sales in China by at least 25% YoY.
- New Design In – Comfortable and effective working side by side with customers’ engineering teams to ensure a successful design in of SMI pressure sensors, increasing the probability of customer achieving performance objectives of application design, and ideally shortening the customer design cycle.
- Sales - Developing and executing a territory plan and account plans at focus accounts to grow revenue and design wins within this account base. Cultivating and developing key high-level relationships. Identifying, qualifying, and positioning to win business opportunities to exceed Sales Out and Design Win metrics. Handling daily sales activities needed to run your business and support needs of extended teammates. Building and maintaining strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers
- Project Management – Able to manage multiple technical projects at multiple customers in a disciplined, organized manner that tracks status and next steps, keeps projects moving forward on time or ahead of schedule, and utilizes metrics and measurement to monitor performance.
- Customer Service – Demonstrate a strong customer focus and be very response to customer needs.
- Relationship Building – Values strong professional relationships and networks effectively. Builds and maintains strong relationships at all levels within customer organizations.
- Business Development – Recognizes that through close customer engagement and successful technical support, a ‘first look’ at new application opportunities for SMI pressure sensors will present themselves within the customer. The FSE always keeps an eye out for other applications that SMI can support.
- Problem Solving - Creative, constructive and persevering approach to solving problems.
- Work Remotely – Can work remotely and interface effectively with team at headquarter office.
- Communication - Communicates complex ideas concisely. Able to propose and present new approaches and solutions to problems in a clear and logical manner.
- Collaboration – Work closely with Regional Sales Director – Asia in a “team selling” fashion providing technical support to the commercial initiatives. Team player that seeks input from various sources, leverages internal and external resources, and develops a solution based on best of all inputs.
- Product Development - Supports R&D and Marketing with inputs from customers and market needs in order to help ensure SMI’s product development and technology roadmap aligns with current and future technical requirements of customers and target applications.
- Travel & Location – Up to 60% domestic travel
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- BSEE or technology or other related 4yr technical degree
- 4 years of experience in board level component design-in and/or applications engineering, preferably with MEMS piezoresistive pressure sensors.
- 2 years of experience in sales
- Experience with other MEMS technologies, IC or ASICs is also a plus.
- Experience with OEM Key Accounts, as well as distributor training and support.
- Experience in automotive, industrial, and medical applications development
- Outstanding analytical and organizational ability, with strong customer service skills
- Excellent project management and problem solving skills with ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and project simultaneously.
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction in a fast paced and multi-tasking environment
- Frequent domestic travel (estimated 50%)
- Excellent verbal presentation and written communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken Chinese (Mandarin) and English is required.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Essential job function of the test engineer is the development and implementation of software and hardware for the testing of packaged MEMS pressure sensor devices at the production and test facility of SMI in Milpitas. He/she will be responsible for supporting the production test of packaged pressure sensor devices by improving and maintaining the test programs and tester hardware of the current production processes. The test engineer will also be involved in software and hardware improvements of existing testers as well as the development of testers and software for the testing of new pressure sensor products.
- Improve packaged parts test systems (hardware and software) to ensure and increase productivity in a fast paced production environment.
- Develop test and diagnostic programs, integrate equipment, and provide test specifications and procedures for SMI products.
- Support development of new test systems (software and hardware) for MEMS pressure sensors.
- Support manufacturing package-level testing - responsible for enhancing and maintaining testers.
- Support and monitor test systems at assembly and test subcontractors abroad.
- Support production by evaluating problem lots and by defining corrective actions to improve production processes.
This position includes the responsibility to document test code, test systems, and test procedures. Further, the person needs to support Failure Analysis and Product Engineering in matters related to testing MEMS pressure sensor devices. The engineer plays an active role in quality improvement in the framework of SMI’s TS16949 quality management system.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A BS degree in Engineering is required. MS degree is desired.
- The candidate needs to have hands-on software and instrumentation experience.
- Extensive experience with LabVIEW programming is required.
- Knowledge of C/C++, Visual Basic, Oracle, SQL are desired.
- A modular and scalable programming approach is required.
- Experience with semiconductor/sensor/MEMS testing is required.
- Pressure sensor experience is desired.
- Knowledge of sensor system calibration procedures is desired.
- ASIC knowledge is desired.
- Experience with test automation is required.
- Experience with testing of mixed signal circuits is required.
- Experience with hardware interfacing through e.g. GPIB or RS232 or USB is required.
- Understanding of digital communication protocols (RS232, I2C, SPI) is required.
- Ability to draft, publish and present test results and conclusions in customer-ready reports.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis tools used to examine test data is desired.
- The test engineer is expected to be a self-starter, self-motivator with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Silicon Microstructures is an established and growing MEMS Pressure Sensor company with its own fab in Silicon Valley. The company operates with the culture of an aggressive start-up while also enjoying the stability of an established and healthy business. The Field Sales Engineer opportunity is an important role in the sales organization and offers the right candidate the opportunity to make valuable contributions with outstanding earning potential.