MEMS Product/Test Development Engineer
SUMMARY OF POSITION
An essential job function of the MEMS product/test engineer is the development and implementation of software and hardware for the testing of packaged MEMS pressure sensor devices at the production and test facility of SMI in Milpitas. These MEMS pressure sensor devices are mainly sensor systems consisting of an SMI pressure sensor die and a signal-conditioning ASIC in an SMI custom package. He/she will be responsible for supporting the production test of packaged pressure sensor devices by improving and maintaining the test programs and tester hardware of the current production processes. The MEMS test engineer will also be involved in software and hardware improvements of existing testers as well as the development of testers and software for the testing of new pressure sensor products.
- Improve packaged parts test systems (hardware and software) to ensure and increase productivity in a fast paced production environment.
- Lead test cost reduction efforts.
- Develop test and diagnostic programs, integrate equipment, and provide test specifications and procedures for SMI products.
- Support development of new test systems (software and hardware) for MEMS pressure sensors.
- Support manufacturing package-level testing - responsible for enhancing and maintaining testers.
- Support and monitor test systems at assembly and test subcontractors abroad.
- Support production by evaluating problem lots and by defining corrective actions to improve production processes.
- Serve as product engineer for newly released pressure sensor systems.
- Work closely with Operations and PMO to bring products from first bench top tests to production status.
- Provide prototype pressure sensor system samples.
This position includes the responsibility to document test code, test systems, and test procedures. Further, the person needs to support Failure Analysis in matters related to testing MEMS pressure sensor devices. The engineer plays an active role in quality improvement in the framework of SMI’s TS16949 quality management system.
Education, Skills and Experience Required
- A BS degree in Electrical Engineering is required. MS degree is desired.
- The candidate needs to have hands-on software and instrumentation experience with bench top setups as well as “rack and stack” test systems.
- Pressure sensor experience is desired.
- Knowledge of sensor system calibration procedures is highly desired.
- Sensor signal-conditioning ASIC knowledge is desired.
- Experience with semiconductor/sensor/MEMS testing is required.
- Experience with test automation is required.
- Experience with LabVIEW programming is required.
- Knowledge of C/C++, Visual Basic, Oracle, SQL are desired.
- A modular and scalable programming approach is required.
- Experience with data analysis tools (e.g. Minitab) is highly desired.
- Experience with testing of mixed signal circuits is required.
- Experience with hardware interfacing through e.g. GPIB or RS232 or USB is required.
- Understanding of digital communication protocols (RS232, I2C, SPI) is required.
- Experience as a technical team lead and/or with technical project management is highly desired.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams is required.
- Ability to draft, publish and present test results and conclusions in customer-ready reports.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis tools used to examine test data is desired.
- The engineer is expected to be a self-starter, self-motivator with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
Silicon Microstructures is an established and growing MEMS Pressure Sensor company with its own fab in Silicon Valley. The company operates with the culture of an aggressive start-up while also enjoying the stability of an established and healthy business.
Sr. Director HR
Please send your resumes directly to: HR@si-micro.com