Summary of Position
An essential job function of the MEMS die design engineer is designing the upcoming generations of pressure sensors for medical use inside the body. This position supports a new product line and requires considerable innovation in the design and processing of new sensors with new functionality. He/she needs expertise in solid and electrical modeling, sensor design and design for manufacturing. Understanding of process/design interactions is a must. He/she needs to be independent and productive in small groups and will be working at a fast pace to develop new products (start-up type feel). This is a rewarding position for those seeking to improve our end users’ quality of life, and has significant potential for career growth.
- Ability to design MEMS pressure sensors to meet product specifications
- Expertise in solid FEA modeling with ANSYS, process modeling with SUPREM and working with product development teams
- Layout experience in MEMS or advanced CMOS devices along with verification tools. L-Edit experience preferred. Familiar with mask generation and mask alignment requirements and procedures.
- PCB design experience is a large plus
- Familiar with MEMS and semiconductor processing and tools. Practical semiconductor fab experience a plus.
- Understanding of advanced MEMS and semiconductor packaging a plus
- Understanding of semiconductor and MEMS testing
- Occasional travel to customers may be necessary (may be overseas)
Opportunities for Growth
- Leading designer in a high-growth business unit production
- Technical leadership in determining designs and process flows
- Work directly with customers to provide most innovative and capable sensors for critical medical applications
- High visibility position in a critical path
Education, Skills and Experience Required
- M.S. or Ph.D. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar degree is required
- Experience with MEMS design and product development is required
- Experience with design of MEMS pressure sensors is highly desired
- Ability to design and layout PCBs is a plus
- Previous experience with invasive medical products is a plus
- Technical project management experience is highly desired
- The MEMS designer is expected to be a self-starter, self-motivator with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Silicon Microstructures is an established and growing MEMS Pressure Sensor company with its own fab in Silicon Valley. The company operates with the culture of an aggressive start-up while also enjoying the stability of an established and healthy business.
Please send your resumes directly to: HR@si-micro.com