Founded in 1991, Silicon Microstructures, Inc. (SMI) is a world leader in the design and manufacture of Micro Electro-Mechanical Systems (“MEMS”) that lie at the heart of the advanced sensing market, enabling devices in the medical, industrial, automotive and consumer sectors.
The company has established itself as a premier provider of MEMS-based pressure sensors for a range of markets, supplying advanced high and low-pressure sensor products that meet the stringent requirement for industry and consumer safety. Silicon Microstructures’ design, production and quality control processes have enabled it to develop both the smallest and smartest pressure sensors available today. SMI offers a wide range of pressure sensors, including uncompensated sensors, temperature compensated and calibrated products as well as sensor systems consisting of an ASIC paired with a sensor die in a custom package.
Summary of Position
The Equipment & Facilities Manager drives the utilization improvement and risk minimization of all manufacturing equipment and facilities at SMI. He/she works with his team to improve uptime and reduce the mean time to repair equipment by optimizing the spare parts management and a well-planned preventive maintenance schedule.
He/she assures proper calibration of equipment, initiates equipment purchases and plans the installation as well as selling not used equipment. He/she grows the capabilities of his team and operators / engineers by specifically tailored trainings per group.
He/She will lead all environmental aspects to fulfill ISO14001 requirements and implement solutions to constantly reduce emissions and support the ERT Team and the EHS contractor for assuring a safe workplace environment for all emloyees.
He/she will play an active role in quality improvements in the framework of SMI’s IATF16949 and ISO14001 quality management system.
- Lead and improve the team to achieve best of class equipment utilization
- Minimize impacts cause by facility systems to keep production and offices function properly
- Key contact for authorities to present data that confirms compliance to regulations
- Reduce risks of equipment by planning and executing preventive maintenance, optimizing spare parts management and other measures
- Schedule calibrations and keep all measurement equipment certified
- Define and plan equipment purchases and their installation
- Training of Technicians, Operators and Engineers
- Keep abreast of equipment and facilities technologies to improve uptime / MTTR or throughput
- Support trouble shooting of problems in manufacturing / engineering
- Support IATF 16949 and ISO14001 certifications
- Apply the principle of continuous improvement
Education, Skills and Experience Required
- BS/MS degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is required
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in Equipment / Facilities Management functions
- Leadership qualities manifested in team developments
- Good track record in troubleshooting equipment with his team to get it fast back in production
- Experience with Equipment purchases and installation in a Semiconductor FAB
- Experience with analysis of uptime, MTTR, MTBF and leading improvements of them
- Experience with standard trouble shooting equipment (RGA, leak detector, Oscilloscope)
- Experienced with problem solving and good time management skills
- Knowledge of MS Office (Access, Excel, Word, Power point) and Software for OEEE improvement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-Starter, self-motivated with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience with waste water and exhaust gas treatment
- ERT Experience as Incident Commander
- Knowledge of ISO9001 or TS16949 and ISO14001 quality systems
Additional Desired Skills and Experience
- 5-10 years of work experience with Semiconductor Equipment for MEMS Manufacturing
- Leadership skills proven in fast changing environments of the Semiconductor industry
- Experience in RF / HF systems as typically used in plasma CVD / PVD / RIE systems
- Experience in Ultra-High vacuum as required for PVD systems
- Experience in High Temperature equipment as used for silicon oxidations and diffusion
- Experience in Lithography equipment like Aligners (Front to Back / IR) and Steppers
Please send your resumes directly to: HR@si-micro.com