Founded in 1991, Silicon Microstructures, Inc. (SMI) is a world leader in the design and manufacture of Micro Electro-Mechanical Systems (“MEMS”) that lie at the heart of the advanced sensing market, enabling devices in the medical, industrial, automotive and consumer sectors.
The company is a fast growing provider of MEMS-based pressure sensors for a range of markets, supplying advanced high and low-pressure sensor products that meet the stringent requirements for industry, medical and automotive applications. Silicon Microstructures’ design, production and quality control processes have enabled it to develop both the smallest and smartest pressure sensors available today.
Summary of Position
The Packaging Engineer is responsible for development of MEMS pressure sensor-system packages for medical devices and catheter applications. Duties will include mechanical design support for assembly and test fixturing. He/she works with Marketing/Sales, Engineering and Assembly partners to assess feasibility, define and qualify new packages and packaging processes. This position is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining packages and packaging technologies using innovative materials and processes for next generation MEMS systems.
- Manage package development projects from concept through development, qualification and volume production.
- Partner with suppliers to design and develop advanced MEMS sensor-system packaging technologies, resolve packaging related problems and document packaging requirements.
- Improve and establish product packaging assembly processes, process control requirements, package risk analysis and mitigation plans.
- Assure that materials and processes meet MEMS packaging and medical application requirements.
- Participate in cross-functional teams and support product qualification and production.
- Analyze and implement improvements that positively impact current product quality, yield, reliability and cost.
- Create and maintain package drawings and documentation.
- International travel to assembly facilities for product implementation and verification.
- BS / MS degree in Mechanical/Material Engineering or similar degree.
- Strong knowledge of package design, experience as a leader of new medical packages development is a plus.
- 5 to 10 years hands-on experience in packaging and assembly processes.
- 5 to 10 years industry experience, preferably with silicon sensors / MEMS.
- Knowledge of packaging, adhesive and coating material properties.
- Hands-on knowledge of package reliability requirements, failure analysis techniques.
- Experience in AutoCad or SolidWorks. Experience with ANSYS a plus.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, strong technical leadership and self-motivated personality.
- Knowledge of medical environmental requirements and testing methods.
- Working knowledge of ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing is beneficial.
Please send your resumes directly to: HR@si-micro.com