Summary of Position
Senior / Supplier Quality Engineer working in the Quality department.
- Work with existing and new suppliers by planning and executing audits to ensure performance to SMI’s quality standards and regulatory requirements are be met.
- Lead SCAR activities for supplier product and process quality issues, ensuring all facets of CAPA activities are addressed including effectiveness.
- Develop, communicate & implement strategies for improving performance of SMI’s Manufacturing & Service suppliers.
- Partner with Engineering New Product Introductions to support successful component qualifications at suppliers.
- Provide product team support for quality system design and audit, compliance assessment, and the support of steady state manufacturing processes.
- Work closely with other SMI departments on assigning and monitoring effectiveness of Supplier and Internal Corrective Actions in a timely manner.
- Work with suppliers to establish and maintain controlled manufacturing processes utilizing Control Plans and PFMEA’s.
- Control the Internal CAR system within SMI, ensuring containment actions, root cause and corrective actions are identified and implemented effectively.
- Perform Internal audits to ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 14001 standards to maintain our certifications.
- Act as a change agent who accepts and supports new ideas and processes.
- Provide commitment to cost reduction/controls.
- Lead the on-going maintenance and continual improvement of Supplier Quality processes.
- Update/creation of internal procedures as required.
- Participate in corporate quality improvement projects as required.
- Perform other tasks assigned by manager.
- Travel up to 30% - 40% (Including international)
Education, Skills and Experience
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferably EE or ME)
- Desired: Master’s degree in Engineering (preferably EE or ME)
- Minimum (5) years supplier quality experience
- Required: Working knowledge of MEMs, ICs, and the respective manufacturing processes.
- Required: ASQ Certified Lead Auditor
- Ability to pass ISO 9001, IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 certified Internal Auditor courses
- Working knowledge of auditing methodologies associated with ISO 9001, IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 standards.
- Quality concepts/tools (Pareto, fishbone diagram, FMEA, etc.).
- Excellent comprehension of engineering drawings and specifications.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and empathetic work ethic in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with multiple constituents, including senior management, suppliers, consultants, and employees of all levels.
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and team members.
- Strongly demonstrated written and verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of an organization.
- Refined multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Ability to consistently balance sense of urgency with diplomacy/empathy.
- Ability to make decisions and execute directives.
- Strongly demonstrated attention to detail.
- Strongly demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple detail-oriented projects.
- Self-starter, organized, analytical and decisive.
Director Human Resources
Please send your resumes directly to: HR@si-micro.com